Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Morning Breakfast Rush

It's Monday morning and the breakfast rush was on at 7am here in the Carranza household..."mom, I want waffles", "I'll just take a banana shake", "um, I don't know what I want, hmmm"...yes, they all want something different or don't know what they want at all. This happens just about every day. And while all this is going on, I'm becoming slightly light headed because I too am hungry. Finding tasty cereals to keep me afloat hasn't been too hard to find. We have our Gluten Free Rice Chex, Gluten Free Corn Chex and my favorite, Mesa Sunrise. So as soon as I have a minute, I pour myself a bowl along with some almond milk and eat until the indicisive child decides on what they want for breakfast.

One of my favorite, healthy breakfast foods are quiche cups. If I can get myself organized enough, I make enough of these to last me a few days. You just pop a couple in the microwave for a minute and voila, breakfast is served! They're great little pick me ups, as well. And you can get creative with the ingredients so they never get boring.


Quiche Cups
3 large eggs
2 tblsp heavy cream
1/2 cup diced canadian bacon
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and all water squeezed out
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onion

Heat oven to 350F
Line 12 cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, spray the cups with the cooking spray.
Thaw and drain spinach - I wring it out well in my hand.
Mix the spinach, eggs, cheese, Canadian bacon, peppers, onions, salt in a bowl.
Fill the foil cups with the mixture.
Bake at 350F or 20 minutes, testing so that a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from cups to serve.


Remember, mother always said 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day' and we all know, mom's are always right! ;) So, eat your breakfast, even when you're on the run!

Have a beautiful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment